The African Leadership Centre (ALC) was established in Nairobi, Kenya, as an educational trust under Kenyan law, and in partnership with King’s College London and the University of Nairobi. The ALC and its flagship programmes grew out of the Conflict, Security and Development Group (CSDG) at King’s College London. The ALC aims to do the following:
- To train and mentor young Africans with the potential to lead and enable innovative change in their communities and in the African region.
- To build the capacity of the individuals we train, and in so doing, ofthe communities, institutions and organizations in which they live and work.
- To contribute to building a wholistic knowledge base, based on theory and critical analysis, on the causes of conflict and insecurity in Africa
- To nurture a solid knowledge base among ALC Fellows/ Alumni thereby forming a foundation for innovation and agenda-setting.
- To increase, in scope and quality, knowledge on peace, security and development within select academic institutions in Africa.
- To contribute to critical engagement with global discourses on peace, security and development.
- To contribute to nurturing and upscaling the generation and ownership of African ideas around peace, security and development for Africa and that are grounded in African realities.